Friday, February 3, 2012

I Need More Help Please?

I have a design class project on how to manufacture a chair I had some problems in solving these questions I searched and asked all the people that might help me but I got nothing so I would really appreciated if you helped me ( I desperately need answers please )



Q # 1

Prepare break down work ( various activates ) of the project ( chair ) in manufacturing



Q # 2

Prepare at lest 15 Questions for the users of the project ( what does that mean how would the question be or what specifically I should ask about )



Q # 3



My chair is an outdoor garden chair what is the best material I could use ?

I Need More Help Please?
1) just think of the process you need to go through to decide what your chair will be like, and how to make it:

eg

-intended purpose

-physical requirements (height, weight capacity etc)

-user demands (surveys, customer feedback)

-competitors products

-manufacturing capabilities

-costs %26amp; selling prices

and so on



2)Errr... do they mean questions for your end users (what do your customers want? styles, colours etc?), or other members of the design team (what problems have you thought of? how will you solve them? what are we capable of making?)



3) a material that is weather proof, or can be weatherproofed with a coating, but still meet your needs. E.g. wood treated with preservative, plastic that won't fade in the sun, metal painted to prevent corrosion.



The important point is to show that you are thinking of all angles and problems, and evaluating solutions logically, rather than just saying "hey, let's do that".


No comments:

Post a Comment