Friday, January 27, 2012

How do I transfer my venus fly trap from a one of those dinky terrarium cups they come in into a terrarium?

I get my venus fly traps at Bachman's and it comes in one of those little cups and I got a little green house or terrarium thing that came with the peat moss and stuff and I just want to to know how I should stransfer it from the cup into the nice specially designed terrarium with the peat moss that came with it? Is there a specific way I should do that? Or is it like replanting flowers in your garden? Do you take the plant out like you take a flower out of the box with the dirt surrounding it and fill the hole you made in the ground and pack the dirt around it like you do with flowers? How do I do it?

How do I transfer my venus fly trap from a one of those dinky terrarium cups they come in into a terrarium?
The Venus Fly Trap is a bit fragile, so I'd be careful when moving it. To be on the safe side, acclimate the Venus Fly Trap to the terrarium. Let it sit in the terrarium, in its present container, for about five days so it gets used to the temperature and mositure difference. If you start to notice any unhealthy change in the Venus Fly Trap, take it out and let it sit for a day. Then start to acclimate it to the terrarium a few hours at a time. Once the Venus Fly Trap is able to stay in the terrarium for 24 hours or longer with no signs of distress, it's time to transplant.



To transplant, first dig a hole in the terrarium a bit bigger than you need. Then, using scissors or pruning shears, cut the plastic base of the Venus Fly Trap's current pot, being careful to go straight down to minimize root damage. Peel the case off.



Place the Venus Fly Trap inside the hole, then place soil around it. Monitor the plant over the next few days to make sure it is still doing okay in the terrarium.
Reply:It's nothing special. A venus fly trap is a plant. It should still be treated as one. Follow the normal care instructions in the terrarium, but be sure to compensate for larger soil amounts. You may need to water more because it will spread out among the moss.

colonial shoe buckles

No comments:

Post a Comment